Saturday, July 20, 2013

Thank You Teacher




Right before school let out this year, I was asked to make a few favor boxes for Teachers Gifts.  I had never made something quite so big, but all in all, I thought they came out fine.  I had only ONE sheet of Elementary scrapbook paper, but I needed SEVERAL boxes. So I had to be a little creative... 


I used some bright colored cardstock for the bottoms of the boxes and white cardstock for the lids.  As you can see, I added an apple in a frame to the lids and took the single sheet of elementary scrapbook cardstock and cut it into strips.  Adding a 2" piece to each scalloped side of the lid. 

 
As much as I liked them, I thought they looked a little plain. So I added a little schoolboy and girl to each box.  The gifts were from a mom who had both a boy and girl in school and she was giving end of the year gifts to their teachers.    



It's funny, I become so attached to these little ones, I hate to sell them off!!


Thanks for stopping by!
~Margie

No comments: